We have added new precautions to protect our patients and office staff from Covid-19 as per the Virginia Dental Association's recommendations. Our office already follows current infection control guidelines which kills Covid-19 in our operatories and surrounding areas, but we need your help by doing your part. Please read the interim guidelines below and follow them when you visit our office. Please visit our new patients forms page to get all the proper forms completed prior to your visit. Thank you in helping to keep us all healthy through this crisis.
1. Minimize the risk of SARS-COV-2 Covid-19 transmission to patients and dental healthcare professionals (DHCPs)
2. Optimize the oral health of Virginians
3. Minimize dental emergencies presenting at emergency departments
We will be screening patients before seeing them is to ascertain if they pose a potential risk for Covid-19.
1. Patient Advisory and Acknowledgment Form: Patient's, please fill out the Covid-19 Form at home or online (may also be done verbally over phone prior to visit). Answering yes to any question indicates further discussion with the doctor to weigh the risk versus benefit of elective treatment.
2. Patients reporting that they are Covid-19 positive... would be best to delay treatment until the patient tests negative. If treatment cannot wait, consider treatment in a hospital or an office with appropriate environmental controls.
3. Restricted Office Entry: Office policy is limiting companions on their trip to the office to only essential people in order to reduce the number of people in the office. If a companion is necessary to accompany the patient to the operatories. (Prefer only the patient in the operatories.)
The purpose is to minimize or even eliminate patients waiting in the reception area of the office, being mindful of social distancing.
1. Masks: All patients/parents should wear masks/face coverings to their appointments.
2. Check-In: Patients should “check in” by calling (when possible) when they park at the office. They may wait in their cars and be called in to be escorted directly back to the operatories. Collection of insurance and other information in person if it cannot be copied remotely.
4. Temperatures: Take temperatures before appointments at home or we may take your temperatures at the office. If temperature >100.4F OR symptoms\ consistent with Covid-19 (e.g., cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, myalgias, malaise) you should immediately self-isolate and notify your physician and local/state public health authority. Patients should call to reschedule after self-quarantine by the CDC guidelines.
5. Stagger Appointments: We stagger scheduling to minimize the number of people entering or exiting the office at a time.
6. Social Distancing: We suggest social distancing measures in all areas of the office when possible (6 feet of separation). 2 arms length